If you’ve been a regular reader here, you might be wondering right now, “WTF happened to Free Pursuits?” There’s no need for profanity, but I understand your concern. You were used to the way things were and now they’ve changed.
Everything from Free Pursuits is still here. I’ve simply changed the domain name and rebranded things a bit. This is a rebirth. It’s a new baby boy. Fire up a cigar.
Take a look at the shiny new tagline up there in the header. We’ll still be talking about lifestyle design and entrepreneurship here, but I’ll also be talking about online marketing and other “important stuff” I think will help you build a lifestyle business or live and work from anywhere.
If you’re new here (or need a reminder), let me introduce myself.
I’m Corbett Barr. I’m a lifestyle entrepreneur and digital nomad. I run an independent online business based around this blog and my other site Think Traffic. This allows me and my wife to live and work from anywhere in the world. In practice that means we live part-time in San Francisco, part-time in Mexico and we travel the rest of the year.
I write this blog to help you realize you’re not crazy for wanting more from your life and your work. I want to teach you how to build a lifestyle business around something you’re passionate about, just as I did over about 18 months.
Getting back to the rebirth, this site used to be called Free Pursuits. I started it while on a six-month sabbatical / road trip in Mexico to share stories of people we met on the trip and to chronicle how our lives were changing.
Since then, the site has grown to much more. [SubscriberCount] people have already subscribed for free updates, and nearly half a million people have visited the site in the 21 months since it launched.
The site was always based on my personal experiences and I’ve simply outgrown “Free Pursuits” as a brand. Sometimes you have to let go to move forward.
5 Reasons to Subscribe
If you’re already subscribed, you’ll still get updates just like before. The email subscriptions and RSS subscriptions are intact.
If you haven’t signed up for updates yet, here are 5 reasons you should:
- Subscribing is free and easy. You can unsubscribe anytime and I promise I won’t spam or share your info.
- Getting RSS or email updates means you’ll never miss a post, and you won’t have to come back regularly to check for new content.
- [SubscriberCount] people have already subscribed (not that you do what everybody else does, or else you wouldn’t be reading this, but these are [SubscriberCount] very special people).
- Subscribers get special discounts and early access to new stuff I release.
- Subscribers are 47% happier, healthier and smarter than non-subscribers*
* OK, I can’t totally prove this one, but every subscriber I’ve met seems to be at least twice as happy, healthy and smart as non-subscribers I know. Figuring the law of averages must apply here, I’m using a conservative figure of 47% for the entire group.