I finally finished setting some personal goals for 2015. Between the holidays and moving to Portland, I wasn’t sure when I’d find the time, but there was no chance I wanted to start the year without thinking about what I want to accomplish.
I’m going to share my goals here, and I’d love to hear what your biggest goal for the year is. Just leave a comment below.
I know setting multiple big goals for the year is one of the 5 common mistakes that cause new habits to fail, but I just can’t help myself. There are quite a few areas I want to tackle, and I think I can make progress on all of these if I take these on one or two at a time.
Here are my themes for 2015:
- Make Portland home: I really want to dig into our new hometown and make it ours. We plan to meet as many people as possible and to explore every inch of the city.
- Build my new blog: as I said when I started blogging, I really miss writing and connecting with people through a personal blog. Blogging consistently is a big priority for 2015.
- Grow Fizzle substantially: we grew total members by 49% in 2014. I think we have a shot to accelerate that trend in 2015 and we’re already working on several ideas to make it happen.
- Take my Spanish speaking to a new level: My wife and I have been spending winters in Mexico for the past six years. My Spanish hasn’t gotten much better since 2009, and it’s starting to annoy me. This year I plan to make a breakthrough by enrolling in classes and private tutoring.
- Get back to consistent workouts: this year I really fell off the workout train. I’ve been lucky to get in 3-4 workouts some months lately, which is just plain dumb. The benefits of working out reach deeply into all areas of life, and I can’t afford to sacrifice physical health for anything else.
That’s my list. I’m still working on the details of how I’ll break down each theme into bite-sized goals and habits. I’ll keep you posted on my progress.
What’s your biggest goal for 2015? Please share below, I’d love to hear what you’re working towards.